The UV lamp inside our Vecton unit produces UV irradiation at a
wavelength of 254nm making the units extremely effective in
controlling bacteria, yeast, moulds and other pathogens.
The internal void space between the UV lamp and quartz sleeve
(through which water is passed) determines its effectiveness, as UVC
light will only penetrate through a limited depth of water. The void
space in the Vecton unit is deliberately designed to be narrow
(approx. 6mm) which means that pathogens passing through the unit
cannot escape exposure to the UVC light.
What are the benefits?
Reduces bacteria and pathogen levels in the aquarium.
Improves water quality for aquarium inhabitants.
Significantly reduces the risk of disease spreading in the aquarium.
Aids the introduction of new fish into the aquarium.
Eliminates the risk of toxic tank syndrome caused by bacterial or
Controls the level of yeast and moulds in the aquarium.
• New design, manufactured from impact resistant, translucent
• Incorporates our unique LITE-SET lamp life timer technology - a
tricolour neon lamp life indicator which alerts you to when the UV
lamp needs to be changed.
• Supplied complete with a LITE-SET torch to reset the lamp life
indicator after changing the UV lamp.
• Opposing inlet and outlet for easy installation and connection to
the water supply.
• Four stage hosetails for flexible hose from 1/2" to 1 1/4", held
in place with screw on collars for easy removal when servicing and
• UV shield to prevent direct viewing of the UV lamp.
• Compact, rigid pipe adaptors, for connection to 32mm, 40mm or 1"
rigid pipe, are available.
• 36 month guarantee.
• Unique LITE-SET lamp life timer technology
• Four-Stage Hosetails
• UV Shield
• Opposing Inlets & Outlets
V2ecton 200 - For aquariums up to approx 200 litres/50 UK
gal/60 US gal
V2ecton 300 - For aquariums up to approx 300 litres/65 UK
gal/80 US gal
V2ecton 400 - For aquariums up to approx 400 litres/90 UK
gal/110 US gal
V2ecton 600 - For aquariums up to approx 600 litres/130 UK
gal/160 US gal
Aquarium UV Steriliser - 200
£55.30 + Vat
Aquarium UV Steriliser - 300
£63.30 + Vat
Aquarium UV Steriliser - 400
£72.30 + Vat
Aquarium UV Steriliser - 600
£80.30 + Vat
Where postage charges are not shown on the final
order - the appropriate charge will be applied but will be kept to a